Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 502 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 170g hake fillet (fish)
- 100g black rice
- 1 pak choi
- 100g radishes
- 1 baby cucumber
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (sulphites)
- 2 tbsp sweet miso paste (soya)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 10g white sesame seeds
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Rinse the black rice and add to a saucepan with 400ml boiling water, a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 25-30 mins until the rice is cooked.
- To make the pickled cucumber and radish; in a bowl mix the white wine vinegar and honey. Thinly slice the cucumber and radishes (removing any green stalks). Place the sliced cucumber and radish into the bowl with the honey and vinegar, stir to coat and season with sea salt and black pepper. Leave to pickle until needed.
- Slice the end off the pak choi and separate the leaves.
- Coat the top of each hake fillet with 1 tbsp sweet miso paste and place on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray in the oven for 15 mins until cooked through. At the same time, add the pak choi to a baking tray, sprinkle over the tamari, 1 tbsp oil and the sesame seeds and bake for 15 mins.
- Drain the black rice.
- To serve, place the pak choi onto a warm plate and top with the miso hake. Serve alongside the black rice, and the pickled cucumber & radish.