Our rostis are mixed with fresh ginger, a powerful anti-inflammatory, and metabolism boosting chilli, to give them a spicy kick.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 487 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 13g / C: 66g / F: 23g
- 4 tbsp chickpea flour
- 300g sweet potato
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 1/2 red chilli
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- Handful of coriander
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Peel and grate the sweet potato and dice the red onion. Peel and finely chop the ginger and finely chop the red chilli and coriander.
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the ginger, chilli, grated sweet potato and half of the red onion for 5 mins until softened.
- Place the contents of the pan into a bowl, add the coriander and chickpea flour, mix well and season. Form into 6 round shapes 1cm thick.
- Heat the same frying pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil and fry the rostis for 3-4 mins each side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle and trim the tenderstem. Place the tenderstem in a saucepan and cover with boiling water with a pinch of sea salt, simmer for 4 mins until tender. Then drain.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and crush in a bowl with a fork, season. To make a salsa; in a separate bowl, finely chop the tomatoes and mix with the remaining red onion and half of the juice from the lime.
- To serve, place the sweet potato & ginger rostis overlapping on two warm plates. Put a spoonful of avocado and a spoonful of salsa between each rosti. Serve alongside the tenderstem and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.