Black beluga lentils are a wonderful lentil which keep their shape when cooked - we love the combination of sweet potato, nutty lentils and creamy avocado in these vegan burgers.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 510 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 120g black beluga lentils (drained)
- 300g sweet potato
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 spring onions
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 lemon
- 60g rocket
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4, and boil a kettle.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm pieces. Place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 10 mins until softened.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic and remove the stalk from the portobello mushroom. Place the mushroom on a baking tray and sprinkle over the garlic, a pinch of sea salt and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins.
- Finely slice the spring onions. Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly.
- Drain and mash the sweet potato. Drain the pre-cooked black beluga lentils and mix with the sweet potato, the spring onion and smoked paprika. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers and dust in the coconut flour.
- Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the sweet potato and lentil burgers for 3-4 mins each side until golden brown.
- To serve, place the sweet potato and lentil burgers on a plate and layer over the sliced avocado. Serve alongside the baked portobello mushroom and the rocket. Drizzle over the juice from the lemon.