The nutty black rice contains high levels of the antioxidant anthocyanin, for reducing inflammation and great for cardiovascular health.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 461 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 42g / C: 32g / F: 22g
- 2 x 170g pork loin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp tamari (soya)
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (sulphites)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 100g mangetout
- 1 red chilli
- 100g black rice
- 1 tsp cornflour
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and add to a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Chop the yellow pepper into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop the garlic and red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Trim the mangetout.
- Thinly slice the pork.
- To make the sweet & sour sauce; in a bowl, mix together the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water. Then add the tamari, tomato paste, honey and apple cider vinegar, mix well.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 2 tsp oil and add the garlic and chilli for 1 min. Then add the sliced pork and cook for 7 mins until lightly golden, then add the yellow pepper and mangetout for 3 mins. Add the sauce and simmer for 3 mins, until the pork is cooked through.
- Drain the black rice.
- Place the black rice on two warm plates and spoon over the sweet and sour pork.