These delicious crispy sweetcorn and sautéed leek fritters are served with creamy avocado, tender asparagus and sweet roasted tomatoes.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 445 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 6 tbsps chickpea flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 140g asparagus
- 1 leek
- 120g sweetcorn (drained)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 avocado
- Handful of rocket
- 1 lime
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Finely chop or crush the garlic and finely slice the leek, discarding the root.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the garlic and leeks for 5 mins until softened. Set aside.
- Trim the asparagus. Place the cherry tomatoes and asparagus on a baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain the sweetcorn. In a bowl, mix the sweetcorn, chickpea flour and smoked paprika with the softened leeks and garlic. Add 2-3 tbsps cold water and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form the mixture into 6 fritters about 1cm thick.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the fritters for 3-4 mins either side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into thick slices.
- To serve: place the rocket on two plates, arrange the sweetcorn and leek fritters on the leaves, and serve alongside the sliced avocado, the roasted asparagus and tomatoes. Drizzle over the juice from the lime.