Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 485 | Type: Gluten-Free
2 x 180g free-range chicken breast
80g red rice
1 yellow pepper
2 baby bok choi
2 tsp tamarind paste
4 tsp honey
2 tbsp tamari
5g white sesame seeds
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the red rice and place in a pan of 250ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt, simmer for 25 mins until cooked, then drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the yellow pepper into small bite-sized pieces and cut the end off the bok choi to separate the leaves. Cut the chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the tamarind paste, tamari, honey and 1 tbsp of oil together in a small bowl, then place half of this sauce into another bowl. In one of these bowls, add the chicken and stir to coat in the sauce. In the other bowl add the bok choi leaves.
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat. Once the pan is hot, thread about 4 chicken pieces and 4 pieces of yellow pepper onto each skewer, making sure they aren't too close together.
- Place the chicken and pepper kebabs in the preheated griddle pan for 15-20 mins, turning every 3-4 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the same griddle pan and add the bok choi in the sauce and cook for 3 mins.
- Serve the red rice on a warm plate, then a layer of the bok choi and top with the tamarind chicken & yellow pepper kebabs. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.