Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 507 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 2 x 170g lean organic steak
- 4 tbsp tamari sauce
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar (sulphites)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 thumb-sized piece ginger
- 2 pak choi
- 2 spring onion
- 400g cauliflower
- 1 red chilli
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- To make the teriyaki marinade, first peel and grate the ginger. In a bowl, mix together half of the tamari, half of the rice wine vinegar, half of the ginger and all of the honey.
- Dice the steak in 2cm cubes and place in the marinade bowl. Mix well and leave for 10 mins to marinate.
- Finely slice the pak choi and spring onion. Place in a bowl with 1 tsp of olive oil, the remaining tamari, rice wine vinegar and ginger. Toss the salad making sure it is well coated in the sauce.
- Preheat a griddle pan on high (if you don’t have a griddle pan then a frying pan is fine).
- Once the pan is hot, thread about 4 pieces of steak onto each skewer. Sear the steak for 2 mins on each side until charred and seared all over. Remove from the heat once cooked and leave to one side.
- Finely slice the chilli and set aside. Coarsely grate the cauliflower, and place in a saucepan with 1 tsp oil and 50ml of boiling water. Cook for 3-4 mins until the cauliflower begins to soften, stirring constantly.
- To serve, spoon the Asian salad onto a warm plate alongside the cauliflower rice and place the teriyaki steak skewers on top. Scatter over the red chilli.