Fragrant pork meatballs infused with lemongrass and ginger in a creamy coconut soup. Served with courgetti noodles and red pepper, full of vitamin C.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 450 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 40g / C: 13g / F: 28g
- 2 x 150g organic pork mince
- 300g courgette
- 100g mangetout
- 120g chestnut mushrooms
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 1 red chilli
- Handful of Thai basil
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 lime
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely slice the mushrooms and trim the mangetout. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Peel and finely chop the ginger. Trim the end of the lemongrass and finely chop. Finely slice half of the red chilli and finely chop the remaining half. Roughly chop half of the Thai basil. Mix the ginger, lemongrass, chopped chilli and chopped basil in a bowl with the pork mince and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into 16 small balls.
- Boil a kettle. Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the pork meatballs for 15 mins, turning frequently, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 200ml boiling water and add to a saucepan with the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and add the mangetout, mushrooms, courgetti and remaining chilli and simmer for 3 mins.
- Spoon the coconut soup and vegetables into a bowl and top with the meatballs, the remaining Thai basil leaves and the juice of the lime.