Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25mins | Calories: 496 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: The good-for-you ingredients required to make this healthy meal
- 300g minced pork
- 280g courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 120g chestnut mushrooms
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 1 red chilli
- Handful of Thai basil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 lime
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
Method:A guide to cook our delicious Thai soup in less than 30 minutes
- Finely slice the red pepper and the mushrooms. Remove the ends of the courgette, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using your julienne peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a spiralizer if you have one).
- Peel and finely chop the ginger. Trim the end of the lemongrass and finely chop. Finely chop the red chilli and roughly chop half of the Thai basil. Mix the ginger, lemongrass, chilli and basil in a bowl with the pork mince and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into 8 small balls.
- Boil a kettle. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil and fry the pork meatballs for 15 mins, turning frequently, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 100ml boiling water and add to a saucepan with the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and add the red peppers, mushrooms and courgetti and simmer for 3 mins.
- Spoon the coconut soup and vegetables into a bowl and top with the meatballs, the remaining Thai basil leaves and the juice of the lime. Enjoy!
Want to try our Thai pork meatballs and two other quick and easy recipes next week? Simply click here to try your first Mindful Chef box with 25% off using the code MCBLOG at the checkout!