A delicious blend of Thai flavours with tender organic beef, stir fried tenderstem and yellow pepper & fibre-rich brown rice.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 581 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 47g / C: 56g / F: 23g
- 2 x 170g organic beef steak
- 150g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 yellow pepper
- 80g brown rice
- 4cm ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (fish)
- 20g cashew nuts (nuts)
- 1 lime
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a pan of 400ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger and finely slice the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Trim and slice the tenderstem in half lengthways and thinly slice the yellow pepper.
- Roughly chop or crush the cashew nuts. Thinly slice the beef steak.
- To make the spicy Thai sauce; in a bowl mix together the juice from the lime, the tamari, fish sauce, honey and sliced chilli.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the ginger. Fry for 2 mins then add the steak strips and fry for 3 mins. Add the tenderstem and yellow pepper and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Then add the spicy Thai sauce to the pan and cook for 3 mins. Drain the brown rice.
- Serve the brown rice on two warm plates, and spoon over the Thai style spicy beef, tenderstem and yellow pepper. Sprinkle over the cashew nuts.