Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25mins | Calories: 568 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: all of the good-for-you ingredients you need to make this healthy meal
Serves: 2 people
- 2 x 170g organic beef steak
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 yellow pepper
- 80g brown rice
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (fish)
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of healthy dinners.
Method: a guide to cook this delicious recipe in less than 30 minutes
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a pan of 400ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Trim and finely chop the lemongrass and finely slice the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Trim and slice the tenderstem in half lengthways and thinly slice the yellow pepper.
- Roughly chop or crush the cashew nuts. Thinly slice the beef steaks.
- To make the spicy Thai sauce; in a bowl mix together the juice from the lime, the tamari, fish sauce, honey and sliced chilli.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the lemongrass. Fry for 2 mins then add the steak strips and fry for 3 mins. Add the tenderstem and yellow pepper and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Then add the spicy Thai sauce to the pan and heat for 2 mins. Drain the brown rice.
- To serve, place the brown rice on a plate, and spoon over the Thai style spicy beef, tenderstem and yellow pepper. Sprinkle over the cashew nuts. Enjoy!