Lasagne is an amazing dish because of its versatility. It can be found all over the world and any country can apply their unique style of ingredients and cooking to create their own version of this traditional Italian meal.
At Mindful Chef we didn't want anyone to miss out on this mouthwatering dish so we created our very own Gluten-Free version which substitutes pasta but none of the taste. Tell me more about Mindful Chef.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 526 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: The good-for-you ingredients required to make this healthy meal
- 320g organic beef mince
- 1 red onion
- 2 aubergines
- 280g courgette
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 60g rocket
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
Already in your kitchen
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
Method:A guide to cook this Gluten-Free lasagne in less than 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Finely chop the garlic and finely dice the onion. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and peel the courgette into ribbons with a peeler.
- Finely slice the aubergine lengthways into as many strips as possible. Spread the slices out onto a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil, season with sea salt. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and add the garlic and onion for 5 mins until softened.
- Then place the aubergine in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Add the beef mince to the pan with the onion and garlic and fry on a high heat for 5-10 mins until browned. Then turn down the heat and add the dried oregano, passata and half of the balsamic vinegar. Season and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced.
- When the aubergine is cooked, construct each lasagne by placing 2 pieces of aubergine parallel and slightly overlapping on the plate as the base, followed by a few courgette ribbons laid flat and a spoonful of beef and repeat.
- Serve alongside the rocket and cherry tomatoes, and drizzle with the remaining balsamic vinegar.
Want to try our tasty Gluten-Free lasagne and two other quick, easy, delicious recipes next week? Simply click here to try your first Mindful Chef box with 25% off using the code GFLASAGNE at the checkout!