Lasagne is an amazing dish because of its versatility. It can be found all over the world and any country can apply their unique style of ingredients and cooking to create their own version of this traditional Italian meal.
At Mindful Chef we didn't want anyone to miss out on this mouthwatering dish so we created our very own plant-based version which substitutes meat but none of the taste. Tell me more about Mindful Chef.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 469 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: The good-for-you ingredients required to make this healthy meal
- 240g cannellini beans
- 1 red onion
- 160g carrots
- 2 aubergine
- 2 garlic clove
- 100g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- Handful of basil
- 30g pine nuts
- Handful of rocket
Already in your kitchen
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
Method:A guide to cook this vegetarian lasagne in less than 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion and finely slice the mushrooms. To make the aubergine lasagne layers, remove the stalk and thinly slice the aubergine lengthways (6 slices from each)
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium sized pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3 mins, then add the carrots for 5 mins
- Meanwhile, place 12 aubergine slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins, turning halfway through
- Drain the cannellini beans and add these to the pan with the onion and mushrooms, along with the passata and 2 tsp of the balsamic vinegar. Season and simmer for 10 mins
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by finely chopping the basil and half of the pine nuts. Mix in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with sea salt & black pepper
- When the aubergine is cooked, construct your lasagne by placing two pieces of aubergine parallel on the plate as the base, a generous spoonful of the bean sauce and a thin layer of pesto and repeat. Top the lasagne with another layer of aubergine slices. Serve alongside the rocket, sprinkled with the remaining pine nuts and balsamic vinegar