Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 446 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 22g / C: 36g / F: 27g
- 300g firm tofu (soya)
- 2 spring onions
- 200g carrot
- 1 yellow pepper
- 280g courgette
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp peanut paste (nuts)
- 2 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp maple syrup
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely chop the chilli and finely slice the spring onions, removing the root at the end. Peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks and thinly slice the yellow pepper. Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Drain, rinse and chop the tofu into 2cm cubes.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the tofu for 5 mins, then add half of the tamari and fry for another 5 mins until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, mix the peanut paste with the remaining tamari, the maple syrup, the juice from 1 lime and the chopped chilli.
- Heat another pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the carrot, spring onion and yellow pepper for 2 mins. Then add the courgetti, half of the coriander and the sauce and cook for 3 mins.
- Serve the Pad Thai in a warm bowl, top with the tofu and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves and lime juice.