This dish was inspired by my travels across Asia. When I made the decision to stop eating meat I still wanted to be able to have the flavours of my favourite dishes. Pad Thai is one of those meals and this recipe is my version of the traditional Thai dish.
At Mindful Chef we didn't want anyone to miss out on this sensational dish so we created our very own plant-based version which also uses courgetti noodles to make the dish gluten-free. Tell me more about Mindful Chef.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25mins | Calories: 451 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: The good-for-you ingredients required to make this healthy meal
- 300g firm tofu (soya)
- 4 spring onions
- 200g carrots
- 1 yellow pepper
- 280g courgette
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp peanut paste (nuts)
- 2 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp maple syrup
Already in your kitchen
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
Method:A guide to cook this vegetarian tofu pad thai in less than 30 minutes
- Finely chop the chilli and finely slice the spring onions, removing the root at the end. Peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks and thinly slice the yellow pepper. Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Drain, rinse and chop the tofu into 2cm cubes.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the tofu for 5 mins, then add half of the tamari and fry for another 5 mins until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, mix the peanut paste with the remaining tamari, the maple syrup, the juice from 1 lime and the chopped chilli.
- Heat another pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the carrot, spring onion and yellow pepper for 2 mins. Then add the courgetti, half of the coriander and the sauce and cook for 3 mins.
- Serve the Pad Thai in a warm bowl, top with the tofu and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves and lime juice.
Want to try our tasty veggie tofu pad thai and two other quick, delicious, plant-based recipes next week? Simply click here to try your first Mindful Chef box with 25% off using the code VEGTOFU at the checkout!