Our satay sauce is packed full of peanuts, a great source of healthy fats, paired perfectly with antioxidant & iron rich nutty black rice.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 551 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free | Macros P: 22g / C: 54g / F: 29g
- 300g firm tofu (soya)
- 100g black rice
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp peanut paste (peanuts)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp tamari (soya)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 yellow pepper
- 140g courgette
- 4 skewers
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and add to a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, then drain.
- Finely chop the chilli and finely slice the yellow pepper. Remove the ends of the courgette, but leave the skin on, and using a peeler slice the courgette into long thin strips. Drain and rinse the tofu. Cut into 2cm cubes.
- To make the peanut satay sauce; in a bowl mix the coconut milk, peanut paste, maple syrup, red chilli and half of the tamari.
- Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and add the tofu, fry for 5 mins, turning occasionally. Then add the remaining tamari and cook for a further 5 mins. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil and fry the yellow pepper and courgette for 2-3 mins until softened. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Thread the tofu cubes onto the 4 skewers. Heat the same pan and add the tofu skewers to the pan with half of the peanut satay sauce. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- To serve, place the black rice on two warm plates, spoon over the vegetables and top with the tofu skewers. Drizzle over the remaining peanut satay sauce.