This quick and delicious peanut & coconut satay sauce is packed with Vitamin E from the peanuts, for protecting the immune system and keeping the heart healthy.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 551 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 300g firm tofu (soya)
- 100g black rice
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp peanut paste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp tamari (soya)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 yellow pepper
- 140g courgette
- 4 skewers
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and add to a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, then drain.
- Finely chop the chilli and finely slice the yellow pepper. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on, and using a peeler slice the courgette into long thin strips.
- Drain and rinse the tofu. Cut into 2cm cubes.
- To make the peanut satay sauce; in a bowl mix the coconut milk, peanut paste, maple syrup, half of the tamari and red chilli.
- Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and add the tofu, fry for 5 mins, turning occasionally being careful not to break the cubes. Then add half of the tamari and cook for a further 5 mins. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil and fry the yellow pepper and courgette for 2-3 mins until softened. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Thread the tofu cubes onto the 4 skewers. Heat the same pan and add the tofu skewers to the pan with half of the peanut satay sauce. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- To serve, place the black rice on a warm plate, spoon over the vegetables and top with the peanut satay tofu skewers, and drizzle over the remaining peanut satay sauce.