Vegan ‘shepherd’s pie’ with a rich chestnut, mushroom and sundried tomato ragu topped with sweet potato & thyme mash.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 455 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 240g butter beans (drained)
- 160g mushrooms
- 80g kale
- 40g pre-cooked chestnuts (nuts)
- 40g sundried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 200g passata
- 300g sweet potato
- Fresh thyme
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic and finely slice the mushrooms. Roughly chop the kale, chestnuts and sundried tomatoes.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and add the garlic, mushrooms and kale and cook for 5 mins until softened.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Drain the butterbeans and dissolve the stock cube in a jug of 50ml boiling water.
- Add the butterbeans and stock to the same pan as the vegetables, along with the chestnuts, sundried tomatoes, the leaves from a sprig of thyme and the passata. Mix well and leave to simmer for 15 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes. Place in a pan of boiling water with a pinch of sea salt and boil for 10 mins until soft.
- Preheat the grill to high. Drain and mash the sweet potato with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Stir in the leaves from a sprig of thyme.
- Place the vegetable and bean mix in a small ovenproof dish and top with the sweet potato mash. Grill for 5 mins until golden brown.