Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30mins | Calories: 444 | Type: Vegan + Gluten-Free
Ingredients: all of the good-for-you ingredients you need to make this healthy meal
Serves: 2 people
- 240g cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 red onion
- 160g carrots
- 2 aubergines
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- Handful of basil
- 30g pine nuts (nuts)
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of healthy dinners.
Method: a guide to cook this delicious recipe in less than 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion and finely dice the carrot. To make the aubergine lasagne layers, remove the stalk and thinly slice the aubergines lengthways (6 slices from each).
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3 mins, then add the carrot for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, place 12 aubergine slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins, turning halfway through.
- Drain the cannellini beans and add these to the pan with the onion and carrot, along with the passata and 2 tsp of the balsamic vinegar. Season and simmer for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by finely chopping the basil and half of the pine nuts. Mix in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with sea salt & black pepper.
- When the aubergine is cooked, construct each individual lasagne by placing two pieces of aubergine parallel on the plate as the base, a generous spoonful of the bean sauce and a thin layer of pesto and repeat. Top each lasagne with another layer of aubergine slices. Serve alongside the rocket, sprinkled with the remaining pine nuts and balsamic vinegar.