Take your tastebuds to Vietnam with this delicious pork, bursting with flavour and sprinkled with fresh mint for promoting digestion.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25 mins | Calories: 461 | Type: Gluten-Free | Macros P: 42g / C: 32g / F: 22g
- 2 x 150g organic pork mince
- 2 tbsp tamari (soya)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (fish)
- 2tsp honey
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 1 red pepper
- 200g carrot
- 300g courgette
- 2 limes
- Handful of mint
- 20g peanuts (peanuts)
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce for lots of other healthy dinners.
- To make the sauce; mix the tamari, fish sauce, honey, and the juice from 1 lime in a bowl.
- Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a wok (or frying pan) on a medium-high heat, add the ginger for 1 min, then add the pork mince, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook for 10 mins. Then add half of the sauce and cook for a further 10 mins until the pork begins to turn crispy.
- While the pork is cooking, make the carrot & courgetti noodles. Peel the carrot. Prepare the carrot noodles using a peeler and slice the carrot into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one). Repeat with the courgette but leave the skin on and remove the ends.
- Thinly slice the red pepper, finely slice the mint and roughly chop or crush the peanuts.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil and add the carrot & courgette noodles, the red pepper and the remaining sauce, cook for 3-5 mins until the vegetables have softened slighty. Stir through half of the mint.
- Spoon the courgetti, carrot noodles and red pepper onto two warm plates, and spoon over the pork mince. Sprinkle over the peanuts, the remaining mint and drizzle over the juice from the remaining lime.