We've just entered wild garlic season and we couldn't wait to use it to make our own homemade pesto, mixed with a little olive oil and pine nuts... We coat chicken with this delicous wild garlic pesto and serve it on a bed of carrot mash, a lighter altenative to potato mash!
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 30 mins | Calories: 522 | Type: Gluten-Free
- 180g free-range chicken breast
- 20g wild garlic
- 30 pine nuts (nuts)
- 400g carrots
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- 200g tenderstem
- 1/2 lemon
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these good-for-you ingredients together with a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and boil a kettle.
- To make the wild garlic pesto; finely chop the wild garlic and half of the pine nuts. Place in a bowl and mix in 1 tbsp olive oil, and the lemon juice. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts into an ovenproof dish, and cover with a layer of the wild garlic pesto. Place in the oven for 25 mins or until cooked through.
- Peel and chop the carrot into 1cm pieces and place in a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and simmer for 20 mins until soft.
- Trim the tenderstem. Place the tenderstem, tomatoes and remaining pine nuts on a baking tray, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Drain the carrots and mash with a potato masher. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, spoon the carrot mash onto a plate. Cut the wild garlic pesto chicken breast into slices. Place the sliced chicken on top of the carrot mash and serve alongside the tenderstem, tomatoes and pine nuts.