At Mindful Chef we love using fresh, local produce. Our pollock is caught off of the Cornish coast and landed at the port in Newlyn on a Friday. We deliver it to your plates on a Sunday - it doesn't get much fresher than that. Tell me more about Mindful Chef.
Serves: 2 | Cook Time: 25mins | Calories: 496 | Type: Gluten-Free
Ingredients: The good-for-you ingredients required to make this healthy meal
- 340g ling
- 400g cauliflower rice
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 lemon
- Handful of parsley
- 1 tsp Za'atar (sesame)
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 30g creamed coconut
Already in your kitchen
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
At Mindful Chef we source, pre-portion, and then deliver all these ingredients and a recipe card to save yourself time shopping. You'll also receive fresh organic produce to lots of other healthy dinners.
Method:A guide to cook our delicious Za'atar pollock & pomegranate in less than 30 minutes
- Mix the za’atar with 1 tsp oil in a bowl to create a paste. Coat the ling fillet with the paste and a pinch of sea salt. Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate until ready to cook.
- Deseed the pomegranate, and set aside the seeds.
- Finely grate the cauliflower into a pan with 1 tsp oil and 50ml water, season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Meanwhile, into a bowl, thinly slice the spring onion, deseed and finely dice the tomato and finely chop the parsley leaves.
- To the bowl, add the cooked cauliflower, pomegranate seeds, the juice of the lemon, and season with sea salt and black pepper. The tabbouleh is now complete; leave to rest until ready to serve.
- Boil a kettle. Preheat a large frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tsp oil. Fry the ling for 3-4 mins each side until cooked through with a golden brown spice crusting.
- In a separate bowl, mix the creamed coconut with 30ml of boiling water and stir in the harissa paste, set aside. Plate the dish by placing the ling on top of the tabbouleh. Serve alongside the coconut harissa dip.
Want to try our Za'atar pollock & pomegranate and two other quick and easy recipes next week? Simply click here to try your first Mindful Chef box with 25% off using the code MCBLOG at the checkout!